Classic columns are remarkable in adding appeal, building facts and function to a home.
Usually, columns are made use of for structural purposes- specifically the load bearing ones. Nevertheless, a lot of home owners mount classic columns to add architectural beauty.
It can define rooms between areas, acting as room dividers.
Our home has a set of timeless columns in between the official dining-room and official living room.
These timeless columns are made of PVC (Poly Plastic Chloride), and are hollow in the center.
Below are some ways you can utilize PVC ornamental columns:
1) Add curb appeal: If you add a column to the exterior of your residence, you are adding curb appeal.Think ofImagine a simple standard house, by including a pair of columns makes it look stately.Ionic Classic Columns are made use of in conventional Georgian style homes and Italianate/Roman Styles. I have started suching as columns after viewing “Gone with the Wind”. Tara (the name of the ranch residence utilized in the film) looked so lovely and stately with those characteristic columns on the outside of Scarlett Ohara’s mansion.
The columns were used to wrap around the front patio. Nowadays, the decorative columns made from PVC could not have the very same structural toughness than those used in manor houses, like the one in this move, but using the PVC’s permit us to have eye-catching exteriors for a fraction of the cost to have the real load bearing ones installed.
2) Room divider: Although attractive columns may not be as practical as the real ones regarding load bearing is concerned, it is still practical in a feeling that it can be utilized as a room divider to specify the spaces.
As I stated in my intro, the attractive columns in my house split the official living room from the official dining area.
So even if both areas share the same rooms with no walls and doors between them, both of columns can consider that feeling of separation and difference.
I have seen these utilized in master bathrooms decorating the whirlpool tub or in the kitchen area framing the bar-peninsula.
3) Frame art pieces: I have seen a neat method whereby the use of split columns (those that could be acquired with 2 pieces cut in half lengthwise – wherein a large piece was cut in a cross section). Each half is made use of to frame a significant wall mural painting. The said mural became type of a backdrop of a king size bed that does not have a headboard. see this website The wall mural framed in these columns was used as a headboard in this situation. It is an one-of-a-kind means to embellish a whimsical bedroom.
4) Wrap ugly load bearing tower of cements/logs: If you have actually ever owned or been to a residence that has an unfinished basement and there are load bearing towers of cements or bricks, a pair of hollowed columns divided in 2 can be used to cover these unattractive columns or foundations to add refinement to the room. This can assist in converting the unfinished basement right into another functional room.
5) Base of furniture/Fireplace mantle: You can reduce a column that come in 1 entire piece right into 2 items by sufficing in the center. After that measure the size of the leading and make a workdesk or console table. You can also do the same steps to frame a plain fireplace to develop a mantle.
What is so good about these attractive columns is that the opportunities are limitless, with your creative imagination, you can think about various other usages. You could paint the white PVC columns with any color. One of my favorite is making use of attractive painting method to resemble the appearance of marble. You can never ever inform if the Column is just PVC or made from genuine pure marble.